Praise is a way that we show gratitude to our Lord and Savior. This can be done in quiet prayer, shouts of joy, songs of worship, writing poetry, or so many other ways. If your mind is focused on the Lord and you are being thankful in honoring Him. This is a powerful tool that we can use anytime and anywhere.
Every time we praise we
are causing things to happen!
- Put your focus back on God – You are transferring your thoughts from you and your problems to the Lord and the good things he has done for you. Start counting your blessings and soon your attitude will change.
- Calm and humble you – Being thankful for what you have and all that God has done for you can definitely humble you. As your focus moves off the problems and craziness that is surrounding you and onto the positive things that are in your life, a calmness will settle over you and bring you peace.
- Invites the Lord’s Presence – The Bible says God inhabits the praises of his people (Psalm 22:3) God “dwells” in the atmosphere where He is being praised. As we humble ourselves and express our gratitude we are opening up to an intimacy with the Lord. It suddenly makes us aware of His presence and power.
- Make the devil flee – The enemy does not like it when you praise! He cannot stay in the presence of God so if the Lord inhabits the praise of His people then the devil cannot stick around while you are in a place of sincere worship.
- Paves the way for our Future – When all these things are taking place and now you are more aware of God’s presence and power you are attentive to Him. This is when He can guide you and give you direction for the future He has for you. Be listening for His voice. It may come as a thought, in words from someone else, or even through a song on the radio. You are suddenly more attentive and can receive the direction He has for you.
If you are experiencing turmoil or disruption in your life I encourage you to stop what you are doing and begin to Praise your Lord and Savior. Give Him some undivided attention and welcome the change you will feel. It may not come instantly but just keep praising!